Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lesson 10 Reading: The Three Little Pigs

The Three Little Pigs
For use after Lesson 10.

Sight Words to Know
I, a, he, me, we, go, by, my
is
do, to, who
you, your, our, too
was, from, the

Sight or Common Words Child Should Be Becoming Familiar With
won't, then, I'll

Words above Instructional Level (From Context, Parent)
Point out what a child knows about the word; briefly explain rules he doesn’t know yet.
live, good, bye, house, down, owwwww, put, blow, much, chinny-chin-chin, beside, hard, hair


I am Jim. I am a pig.
I am Tom. I am a pig.
I am Sam. I am a pig.
I am Jen. I am the hog mom.
I am Bob. I am not a pig. I do not like pigs. But I like ham.

Jen: It is time to go, lads. Make homes to live in. Good luck.
Jim: Good-bye, Mom.
Tom: Bye.
Sam: We will make good homes.

Jim: I will make a hut from grass. It will not take a lot of time. I can do it fast.
Tom: I will make a hut from sticks. Sticks are stiff. But it will not take too much time.
Sam: I will make my home from bricks. It will take a lot of time. It will not be fast. But my home will be big and safe.

Jim: My hut is made. I can sit next to it.
Tom: My home is nice. I will sit beside it.
Sam: My home is made. It was not fast, and it was hard to make. I must go to bed.

Bob: Yum! Ham.
            (Rap-tap-tap)
Jim: Who is it?
Bob: Let me in!
Jim: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin! I won’t let you in!
Bob: Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!

Jim’s house does not stand. Jim runs to Tom’s house.

Bob: Yum, yum! Lots of ham.
            (Rap-tap-tap)
Tom and Jim: Who is it?
Bob: Let me in!
Tom and Jim: Not by the hair on our chinny-chin-chins! We won’t let you in!
Bob: Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!

Tom’s house does not stand. Tom and Jim run to Sam’s house.

Bob: Yum, yum, yum! Lots and lots of ham.
            (Rap-tap-tap)
Sam, Tom, and Jim: Who is it?
Bob: Let me in!
Sam, Tom, and Jim: Not by the hair on our chinny-chin-chins! We won’t let you in!
Bob: Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house down!

But Sam’s house stands. Bob cannot blow it down.

Bob: I will still get you!
Sam: No, he won’t!

Sam takes a pot and puts it on the flames.

Bob: Owwwwwww!


Bob gets back up fast and runs from Sam’s home.

No comments:

Post a Comment